I am a third year PhD student in pure mathematics at UC Berkeley working with Ian Agol. My research interests include low-dimensional topology (mostly 4-manifolds and knot theory) and some symplectic geometry.
Here is my cv (11/30/2023).
- Gave a talk in the Texas A&M topology seminar, October 2023.
- Gave a talk in the Caltech geometry and topology seminar, September 2023.
- Gave a talk in the Stanford topology seminar, September 2023.
- Gave a talk in the MIT geometry and topology seminar, September 2023.
- Participated in the conference Gauge Theory and Topology: in Celebration of Peter Kronheimer’s 60th Birthday at the Clay Mathematics institute in Oxford, Summer 2022.
- Visited Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas (ICMAT) in Madrid for the conference Geometric group theory and low-dimensional geometry and topology, Summer 2022.
- Participated in the Analytic and Geometric Aspects of Gauge Theory and Floer Homotopy Theory programs at MSRI/SLMath, Fall 2022.
- Coorganized a reading group on the Kobayashi-Hitchin correspondence with Yueqing Feng, Fall 2022.
- Organized a reading group on Donaldson & Kronheimer's The Geometry of Four-Manifolds, Summer 2021. I am also maintaining an errata list for the book.
- University of Chicago Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU), Summer 2020, resulted in a summary paper on Kähler quantization commuting with symplectic reduction.
- MIT Undergraduate Research Oppotunities Program (UROP), Spring 2020, with Zhuofan Xie under the guidance of Professor Paul Seidel, resulted in a paper on nonnegatively curved sl(2,R)-connections on surfaces.
- MIT Summer Program in Undergraduate Research (SPUR), Summer 2019, mentored by Yuqiu Fu on a problem proposed by Professor Larry Guth related to the Kakeya conjecture. My paper won the Hartley Rogers Jr. Prize.
Below are some purely expository papers. Read with caution.
Toric Varieties in Algebraic and Symplectic Geometry (final paper for MATH 256A, UCB Fall 2021)
Equivariant de Rham Theory (notes for an independent reading course, MIT Spring 2020)
Linear Fractional Transformations on the Berkovich Projective Line (final paper for an independent study course in p-adic analysis, MIT Spring 2019)
Spectral Properties of the Laplacian on Compact Lie Groups (one of the projects for 18.821, MIT Fall 2020; see the end to see my part of writing)
Conjugacy of Cartan Subalgebras (final paper for 18.745, MIT Fall 2019)
Complex Analytic Proofs of Bernstein's Theorem (final paper for 18.994, MIT Spring 2020; I wrote Section 4 and 6)
Points of Continuity of Real Functions on the Real Line (random thing asked by a friend)
I am a marathon runner. I won first place in the Baystate Half Marathon (under 20 age group), 2018. I won third place in the Baystate Marathon (20-29 age group), 2019. I won third place in the Berkeley Half Marathon (20-29 age group), 2022. Here is a photo of me. Currently I am taking a temporary retreat from running.
My PRs are 1:19:02 (02/27/2022 Berkeley Half Marathon); 2:38:07 (12/04/2022 California International Marathon (CIM)).