Department of Mathematics Computing Support
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics computing support wiki. We hope to provide useful information to all members of our department. In order to do that, we want to enlist your help. Anyone with an email address @math.berkeley.edu or @berkeley.edu may request a wiki account via email@example.com, and use your wiki account to log in and add computing related help or send your suggestions to consult email.
Math Computing Cheat Sheet
- Email, web, printing, network and more — all on one page Math Computing Cheat Sheet
Printing and Scanning
- How to print on the department's printers from your laptop
- Printing A4 documents
- How to use the copiers in 958 Evans as scanners
- How to use document scanners in 744 Evans Hall
Math Department Servers
- How to create a homepage
- How to manage files on the math department servers
- How to use remote shell access
- About math software
- The primary support email address for computer, printer and network problems within the department is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Web related questions should be addressed to email@example.com.
- For hardware printer problems only, (including low toner), use firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Campus Shared Services (CSS) IT covers wireless network issues, campus wide outages, support of recently purchased office computers, etc. However, CSS are not familiar with the departmental web, Unix, printing and wired network services.
- There is also a consult mailing list email@example.com for general questions, which is read (and answered) by volunteer faculty knowledgeable about Unix and mathematical software.
Please do not copy more than one of above mentioned addresses on your email. If you happen to send to the wrong address, it will be redirected by someone to the correct one.
CalNet 2-Step Verification
- To enroll, go to CalNet account manager
- For self-enrollment instructions, visit https://calnetweb.berkeley.edu/calnet-2-step/enroll-device