Local TeX macro packages
Installing Local Macro Packages on Your Machine at Home
Our TeX system includes a number of non-standard additions to TeX Live. Some of the more useful of these files have been bundled for easy installation on home machines. To install these files on your home machine, carry out the following steps:
1. Log in to one of the department-supported machines (usually login.math.berkeley.edu).
2. Download one of the following files:
3. Locate a directory named texmf-local or texmf.local on your system (for Unix or Linux systems, start looking within /usr/local or /usr/share).
4. Change to that directory and extract the downloaded file in that directory.
5. Run a command mktexlsr or some equivalent command to get the TeX system to recognize it.
This package includes many of the local packages, such as the ucbthesis and ucbletter document classes.