Welcome to the UC Berkeley Math Department computing support wiki. This wiki is intended to be complementary to the official computing support site. We hope to provide information of use to all members of our department. In order to do that, we want to enlist your help. (We're also working on an new official support site).
Most pages can be edited by anyone who's logged in, and anyone can create an account. Feel free to add any computing related help and information.
- CalMail conversion
- How to setup clients on your own computer to check your Email from the Calmail servers.
TeX and LaTeX
Printing and Scanning
- How to set up printing on the department's printers from a Macintosh on the department network.
- How to print on the department's printers from your laptop.
- Printing A4 documents
- How to use the copier in 958 Evans as a scanner.
Math Department Servers
- How to create a homepage.
- How to manage files on the math department servers.
- How to use remote shell access.
- How to get math software.
- How to access MathSciNet and UC E-links from off-campus.
- How to use slides in the seminar rooms.
- How to get a Calnet Identity. (Everyone is supposed to have one of these, and you will need it to set up your CalMail account.)
- How to post a paper on the arXiv preprint server.
- Disk quotas
Suggestions for Future Articles
Please record any ideas you have for Future Articles that you would like to see.