(Last updated February 2012. Also available as a .pdf file.)
Curriculum Vitae of Kelli Talaska
|Department of Mathematics||Office: 889 Evans Hall|
|University of California, Berkeley||Phone: (510) 642-2066|
|970 Evans Hall, #3840||Email: email@example.com|
|Berkeley, CA 94720-3840||http://math.berkeley.edu/~talaska/|
|2010-2013||NSF Postdoctoral Fellow|
|University of California, Berkeley|
|2004-2010|| Ph.D. in Mathematics|
|University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI|
|Advisor: Sergey Fomin|
|Dissertation: Positivity in real Grassmannians: combinatorial formulas|
|1998-2002||B.A. in Mathematics|
|Texas A&M University, College Station, TX|
Algebraic and enumerative combinatorics, in particular total positivity and planar networks.
PUBLICATIONS AND PREPRINTS
- Determinants of weighted path matrices, submitted, arXiv:1202.3128.
- Combinatorial formulas for Le-coordinates on a totally nonnegative Grassmannian, J. Combin. Theory Ser. A 118 (2011), no. 1, 58-66.
- Trek separation for Gaussian graphical models (with Seth Sullivant and Jan Draisma), Ann. Statist. 38 (2010), no. 3, 1665-1685.
- A formula for Plücker coordinates associated with a planar network, Int. Math. Res. Not. IMRN 2008, rnn081.
- On the multimessage capacity region for undirected ring networks (as Kelli Carlson, with S. M. Sadegh Tabatabaei Yazdi, Serap A. Savari, and Gerhard Kramer), IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory 56 (2010), no. 4, 1930-1947.
- On the bondage number of planar and directed graphs (as Kelli Carlson, with Mike Develin), Discrete Math. 306 (2006), no. 8-9, 820-826.
- Generalized books and Cm-snakes are prime graphs (as Kelli Carlson), Ars Combin. 80 (2006), 215-221.
|2011||Nov.||Berkeley Algebraic Statistics Seminar, University of California, Berkeley.|
|Oct.||Colloquium, Saint Mary's College, Moraga.|
|Oct.||SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Raleigh.|
|Oct.||Combinatorics Seminar, University of Washington, Seattle.|
|Sept.||Math Colloquium, San Jose State University.|
|Aug.||Cluster Algebras and Statistical Physics Workshop, ICERM, Providence.|
|Apr.||Bay Area Discrete Math Day, San Francisco State University.|
|Feb.||Algebra Seminar, University of California, Santa Barbara.|
|2010||Nov.||Algebra and Discrete Mathematics Seminar, University of California, Davis.|
|Nov.||Algebra-Geometry-Combinatorics Seminar, San Francisco State University.|
|June||Algebraic Combinatorics Session, CMS Summer Meeting, Fredericton, New Brunswick.|
|2009||Dec.||Pure and Applied Mathematics Colloquium, University of Kent, Canterbury, UK.|
|Sept.||Statcomb Introductory Symposium, Paris, France.|
| ||July||Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics, Hagenberg, Austria.|
|Jan.||Discrete Mathematics Seminar, University of California, Berkeley.|
|2008||Dec.||International Conference on Cluster Algebras and Related Topics, Mexico City, Mexico.|
|Nov.||Combinatorics Seminar, University of Michigan.|
|Oct.||Algebra-Geometry-Combinatorics Seminar, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.|
|Sept.||Algebra and Combinatorics Seminar, North Carolina State University.|
|June||Formal Power Series and Algebraic Combinatorics, Valparaiso, Chile.|
|Apr.||Graduate Student Combinatorics Conference, University of California, Davis.|
|Apr.||Algebra-Geometry-Combinatorics Seminar, San Francisco State University.|
| ||Feb.||Combinatorics Seminar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.|
|2011||Oct.||Combinatorics Pre-Seminar, University of Washington, Seattle.|
|May||Algebraic Combinatorixx, BIRS, Banff, AB, Canada|
|Feb.||Discrete Mathematics Seminar, University of California, Berkeley.|
|2010||Nov.||Student-Run Discrete Math Seminar, University of California, Davis.|
|Sept.||Discrete Mathematics Seminar, University of California, Berkeley.|
- March 2012: Co-organizer of the Algebraic Combinatorics special session at the 2012 AMS Spring Western Section Meeting.
- 2011-present: BAD Math Day organizing committee.
- 2011-present: Co-organizer of the Combinatorics Seminar at UC Berkeley.
- Fall 2009: Participant in the Statistical Physics, combinatorics and probability: from discrete to continuous models trimester at the Centre Émile Borel, Institut Henri Poincaré in Paris, France.
- 2004-present: Member of the American Mathematical Society.
- 2011-present: Member of the Association for Women in Mathematics.
- 2006-2008: Organizer of the Student Combinatorics Seminar at the University of Michigan.
- 2001, 2003: Participant in the Duluth Research Experience for Undergraduates.
- 2011-2012: University of California, Berkeley. Primary instructor for honors calculus and honors abstract algebra courses.
- August 2011: Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley, CA. Teaching assistant for the Graduate Summer Workshop Cluster Algebras and Cluster Combinatorics.
- 2010: University of Michigan. Course co-coordinator for first semester calculus.
- 2004-2007: University of Michigan. Primary instructor for pre-calculus, differential calculus, and integral calculus courses.
- 2002-2004: Lowell High School, San Francisco, CA. Primary instructor for geometry, pre-calculus, and first and second year algebra courses.
- 1998-2002: Texas A&M University. Grader and course assistant for combinatorics, multivariable calculus, and pre-calculus courses.
- 1999-2000: Honors Summer Math Camp at Texas State University. Counselor for a group of high school students studying number theory, combinatorics, and analysis.
- 1996-2008: Tutor for undergraduate, high school, and middle school students in mathematics, statistics, and physics.