- K. Monks, K. G. Monks, K. M. Monks, and M. Monks. Strongly sufficient sets and the distribution of arithmetic sequences in the 3x+1 graph. Submitted for publication in Discrete Mathematics (2012). Also available at http://arxiv.org/abs/1204.3904.
- M. Monks and K. Ono. Modular forms arising from Q(n) and Dyson's rank. Advances in Applied Mathematics, Dennis Stanton issue (2009). In press.
- M. Monks. Number theoretic properties of generating functions related to Dyson's rank for partitions into distinct parts. Proceedings of the American Mathematical Society 138 (2010), 481-494.
- M. Monks. Reconstructing permutations from cycle minors. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 16 (2009), #R19.
- M. Monks. The solution to the partition reconstruction problem. Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, Vol. 116, Issue 1 (2009).
- M. Monks.
Endomorphisms of the shift dynamical system, discrete derivatives, and applications.
Discrete Mathematics, Vol. 309, Issue 16 (2009), 5196-5205.