Khoa Dang Nguyen
THIS SITE IS NO LONGER UPDATED. I HAVE MOVED HERE.
Email: abc at xyz (where abc=khoanguyen2511 and xyz=gmail.com)
From 7/2014-6/2017: I will hold the position of a UBC-PIMS Distinguished Postdoctoral Fellow appointed jointly by the mathematics department of the University of British Columbia and the Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences.
Spring 2013: GSI for MATH 54 (lecturer: Zvezdelina Stankova)
Fall 2013: GSI for MATH 16B (lecturer: James Demmel)
Spring 2014: GSI for MATH 16B (lecturer: Alexander Coward)
Publications: (Warning: papers provided here may be different from the published versions)
1. (with B. Schmidt) Fast computation of Gauss sums and resolution of the root of unity ambiguity. Acta Arith. 140 (2009), 205-232. pdf
2. (with C. Gratton and T. Tucker) ABC implies primitive prime divisors in arithmetic dynamics. To appear in Bull. London Math. Soc. (published online July 29, 2013. doi:10.1112/blms/bdt049) arXiv:1208.2989
3. Some arithmetic dynamics of diagonally split polynomial maps. To appear in International Math. Research Notices (published online Nov 13, 2013. doi: 10.1093/imrn/rnt240). arXiv:1304.3052
4. Algebraic independence of local conjugacies and related questions in polynomial dynamics. Accepted to Proceedings AMS, 1/2014. arXiv:1310.2329
Preprints and Work in Progress:
1. (with E. Amerik, P. Kurlberg, A. Towsley, B. Viray and F. Voloch) Evidence for the dynamical Brauer-Manin criterion. Submitted to Experimental Math., 2013. Revision in progress. arXiv:1305.4398
2. (with D. Ghioca and H. Krieger) A case of the dynamical Andre-Oort conjecture. Submitted, 4/2014. arXiv:1404.6011
3. (with D. Ghioca and T. Tucker) Portraits of preperiodic points for rational maps. Submitted, 7/2014. arXiv:1407.1573
4. (with D. Ghioca) Dynamical anomalous subvarieties: structure and bounded height theorems. Submitted, 9/2014. arXiv:1408.5455
5. (with M. Zieve) Decomposition of rational maps and applications in algebraic dynamics. In preparation, rough draft available upon request.
Bernhard Schmidt, Chad Gratton, Tom Tucker, Katia Amerik, Par Kurlberg, Adam Towsley, Bianca Viray, Felipe Voloch, Mike Zieve, Dragos Ghioca, Holly Krieger.