Khoa Dang Nguyen
Department of Mathematics
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720
Email: abc at xyz (where abc=khoanguyen2511 and xyz=berkeley.edu or gmail.com)
Office: 1093 Evans Hall
For more information: CV (WARNING: Preview on Mac might not display this CV properly. Please try to view it in another browser, or try this MS Word document, or send me an email) and publication list (which is also given below and included in my CV).
Spring 2013: GSI for MATH 54 (lecturer: Zvezdelina Stankova)
Fall 2013: GSI for MATH 16B (lecturer: James Demmel)
Spring 2014: GSI for MATH 16B (lecturer: Alexander Coward)
Publications: (Warning: papers provided here may be different from the published versions)
1. (with B. Schmidt) Fast computation of Gauss sums and resolution of the root of unity ambiguity. Acta Arith. 140 (2009), 205-232. pdf
2. (with C. Gratton and T. Tucker) ABC implies primitive prime divisors in arithmetic dynamics. To appear in Bull. London Math. Soc. (published online July 29, 2013. doi:10.1112/blms/bdt049) arXiv:1208.2989
3. (with E. Amerik, P. Kurlberg, A. Towsley, B. Viray and F. Voloch) Evidence for the dynamical Brauer-Manin criterion. Accepted pending revisions to Experimental Math., 2013. arXiv:1305.4398
4. Some arithmetic dynamics of diagonally split polynomial maps. To appear in International Math. Research Notices (published online Nov 13, 2013. doi: 10.1093/imrn/rnt240). arXiv:1304.3052
5. Algebraic independence of local conjugacies and related questions in polynomial dynamics. Accepted to Proceedings AMS, 1/2014. arXiv:1310.2329
6. (with M. Zieve) Algebraic dynamics of split morphisms associated to rational maps having generic ramification. In preparation, very rough draft available upon request.
7. (with M. Zieve) Functional equations and the curves f(X)=g(Y) for generic f and arbitrary g. In preparation, very rough draft available upon request.
Bernhard Schmidt, Chad Gratton, Tom Tucker, Katia Amerik, Par Kurlberg, Adam Towsley, Bianca Viray, Felipe Voloch, Mike Zieve.