Khoa Dang Nguyen
Department of Mathematics
University of California, Berkeley
Berkeley, CA 94720
Email: abc at xyz (where abc=khoanguyen2511 and xyz=berkeley.edu or gmail.com)
Office: 1093 Evans Hall
Spring 2013: GSI for MATH 54 (lecturer: Zvezdelina Stankova)
Fall 2013: GSI for MATH 16B (lecturer: James Demmel)
Publications: (Warning: papers provided here may be different from the published versions)
1. (with B. Schmidt) Fast computation of Gauss sums and resolution of the root of unity ambiguity. Acta Arith. 140 (2009), 205-232. pdf
2. (with C. Gratton and T. Tucker) ABC implies primitive prime divisors in arithmetic dynamics. To appear in Bull. London Math. Soc. (published online July 29, 2013. doi:10.1112/blms/bdt049) arXiv:1208.2989
3. (with E. Amerik, P. Kurlberg, A. Towsley, B. Viray and F. Voloch) Evidence for the dynamical Brauer-Manin criterion. Accepted pending revisions to Experimental Math., 2013. arXiv:1305.4398
4. Some arithmetic dynamics of diagonally split polynomial maps. To appear in International Math. Research Notices (published only Nov 13, 2013. doi: 10.1093/imrn/rnt240). arXiv:1304.3052
5. Algebraic independence of local conjugacies and related questions in polynomial dynamics. Submitted, 10/2013. arXiv:1310.2329
6. (with M. Zieve) Algebraic dynamics of split morphisms associated to rational maps having generic ramification. In preparation, very rough draft available upon request.
7. (with M. Zieve) Functional equations and the curves f(X)=g(Y) for generic f and arbitrary g. In preparation, very rough draft available upon request.
Bernhard Schmidt, Chad Gratton, Tom Tucker, Katia Amerik, Par Kurlberg, Adam Towsley, Bianca Viray, Felipe Voloch, Mike Zieve.