Morrey Assistant Professor
UC Berkeley / Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
- C. H. Rycroft, M. Z. Bazant, J. W. Landry, and G. S. Grest, Dynamics of Random Packings in Granular Flow, Phys. Rev. E 73, 051306 (2006). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, G. S. Grest, J. W. Landry, and M. Z. Bazant, Analysis of Granular Flow in a Pebble-Bed Nuclear Reactor, Phys. Rev. E 74, 021306 (2006). [Link]
- K. Kamrin, C. H. Rycroft, and M. Z. Bazant, The Stochastic Flow Rule: A Multi-Scale Model for Granular Plasticity, Modelling Simul. Mater. Sci. Eng. 15, S449–S464 (2007). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, K. Kamrin, and M. Z. Bazant, Assessing continuum relationships in simulations of granular flow, J. Mech. Phys. Solids 57, 828–839 (2009). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, A. V. Orpe, and A. Kudrolli, Physical test of a particle simulation model in a sheared granular system, Phys. Rev. E. 80, 031305 (2009). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, Voro++: A three-dimensional Voronoi cell library in C++, Chaos 19, 041111 (2009). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, Y. Wong, and M. Z. Bazant, Fast spot-based multiscale simulations of granular flow, Powder Technol. 200, 1–11 (2010). [Link]
- T. F. Willems, C. H. Rycroft, M. Kazi, J. C. Meza, and M. Haranczyk, Algorithms and tools for high-throughput geometry-based analysis of crystalline porous materials, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials 149, 134–141 (2012). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft and F. Gibou, Simulations of a stretching bar using a plasticity model from the shear transformation zone theory, J. Comp. Phys. 231, 2155–2179 (2012). [Link] [Preprint]
- L.-C. Lin, A. H. Berger, R. L. Martin, J. Kim, J. A. Swisher, K. Jariwala, C. H. Rycroft, A. S. Bhown, M. W. Deem, M. Haranczyk, and B. Smit, In silico screening of carbon capture materials, Nature Materials 11, 633–641 (2012). [Link]
- K. Kamrin, C. H. Rycroft, and J.-C. Nave, Reference map technique for finite-strain elasticity and fluid–solid interaction, J. Mech. Phys. Solids 60, 1952–1969 (2012). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft and E. Bouchbinder, Fracture toughness of metallic glasses: Annealing-induced embrittlement, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 194301 (2012). [Link] [arXiv preprint]
- P. J. M. Monteiro, C. H. Rycroft, and G. I. Barenblatt, A mathematical model of fluid and gas flow in nanoporous media, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 109, 20309–20313 (2012). [Link]
- G. I. Barenblatt, P. J. M. Monteiro, and C. H. Rycroft, On a boundary layer problem related to the gas flow in shales, J. Eng. Math., advance online publication. [Link]
- M. Theillard, C. H. Rycroft, and F. Gibou, A multigrid method on non-graded adaptive octree/quadtree cartesian grids, J. Sci. Comput. 55, 1–15 (2013). [Link]
- M. Pinheiro, R. L. Martin, C. H. Rycroft, A. Jones, E. Iglesia, and M. Haranczyk, Characterization and comparison of pore landscapes in crystalline porous materials, J. Mol. Graph. Model. 44, 208–219 (2013). [Link]
- M. Pinheiro, R. L. Martin, C. H. Rycroft, and M. Haranczyk, High accuracy geometric analysis of crystalline porous materials, CrystEngComm 37, 7531–7538 (2013). [Link]
- C. H. Rycroft, A. Dehbi, T. Lind, and S. Güntay, Granular flow in pebble-bed nuclear reactors: Scaling, dust generation, and stress, accepted at Nucl. Eng. Design. [Preprint]
- C. H. Rycroft and J. Wilkening, Computation of three-dimensional standing water waves, J. Comp. Phys. 255, 612–638 (2013). [Link] [Preprint]
Journal articles in review
- Q. Shi*, R. P. Ghosh*, H. Engelke*, C. H. Rycroft*, L. Cassereau, J. Sethian, V. M. Weaver, J. Liphardt, Collective transitions to an invasive phenotype in mechanically-interacting multicellular structures, in review at Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (* indicates co-first authors.)
- C. M. Freeman, K. L. Boyle, M. Reagan, J. Johnson, C. H. Rycroft, G. J. Moridis, MeshVoro: A three-dimensional Voronoi mesh building tool for the TOUGH family of codes, submitted to Computers & Geosciences.
Journal articles in preparation
- G. Venugopalan*, D. Camarillo*, C. H. Rycroft, K. Webster, C. Reber, H. El-Samad, J. A. Sethian, V. Weaver, and D. Fletcher, Altered mechanical response of breast epithelia in cancer progression, in preparation. (* indicates co-first authors.)
- C. H. Rycroft and J. Wilkening, Smooth, time-periodic solutions of the 1-D compressible Euler equations on a spatially periodic domain, in preparation.
- M. Haranczyk, C. H. Rycroft, and J. A. Sethian, Empty Space and New Materials: Computational Tools for Porous Materials, SIAM News 44, Issue 8, October 2011.
- Computing Tools Speed Search for New Porous Materials, LBL Computational Research Division News, Novemeber 14, 2011.
- Carbon Dioxide Catchers, LBL Computational Research Division News, February 29, 2012.
- Computer model pinpoints prime materials for efficient carbon capture, UC Berkeley News Center, May 27, 2012.
- New materials could slash energy costs for CO2 capture, Rice University News, May 30, 2012.
- Modeling the Breaking Points of Metallic Glasses, Berkeley Lab News Center, November 26, 2012. (Also on CRD News and EurekAlert.)
- Can We Accurately Model Fluid Flow in Shale?, Berkeley Lab News Center, January 3, 2013. (Also on CRD News and ScienceWire.)
Conference publications and technical reports
- C. H. Rycroft, T. Lind, S. Güntay, and A. Dehbi, Granular flows in pebble bed reactors: dust generation and scaling, proceedings of ICAPP 2012, Chicago, June 24–28, 2012. [Paper]
- T. Lind, S. Güntay, A. Dehbi, Y. Liao, and C. H. Rycroft, PSI Project on HTR Dust Generation and Transport, proceedings of HTR 2010, Prague, 2010.
- C. H. Rycroft, Voro++: A three-dimensional Voronoi cell library in C++, January 23rd 2009, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Paper LBNL-1430E. [Paper]
- C. H. Rycroft, Multiscale modeling in granular flow, submitted to MIT, September 2007. [More information]