Enrollment & Scheduling
SUMMARY OF ENROLLMENT PROCEDURES
- Some math classes are impacted.
- Enrollments are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Discussion sections and upper-division class enrollment limits are already set at the maximum.
To sign up for a Math class:
(Please note: Spring 2013 Courses are listed here.)
1. Add the class through TeleBears.
2. In signing up for a lower-division math class or an upper-division class with discussion sections you must sign up for both the lecture and a discussion section. You will not get into the lecture without being in a discussion section.
3. If you cannot immediately add a class, you will need to return to the Enrollment menu and select “Add to Wait List” to put yourself on the waitlist for both the lecture and discussion section. To improve your chances of getting into the class, you should sign up for a section with the shortest possible wait list.
4. DO NOT ADD A CLASS OR SECTION THAT YOU CANNOT ATTEND EXPECTING THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CHANGE SECTIONS.
5. Wait lists are processed automatically by TeleBears, not by the department.
6. To switch discussion sections use TeleBears: "Enrollment-Switch
Sections." Do not drop the lecture and then re-add it. Note,
you can move into a new section only if there is space available.
NOTE: When a class waitlist is full, you cannot put yourself on the waitlist for the class or for a discussion section. This is true even if there is room on the discussion section waitlist. Wait for space to open on the class waitlist, and then add yourself to the waitlist for the class and discussion section.